Strange logfiles ( .xfer files)

anders1234 at my-deja.com anders1234 at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 13 08:53:13 UTC 1999

Hi
I have started to upgrade my Bind servers 4.9.x to Bind 8.1.2
I wanted to use the new features with logging and i made a config-
file which would allow me to log all querys in 4 rotating files with
a limit of 20 mbytes. This works fine, but my problem is that i
now get a lot of temporary xfer files in my named directory. This
appends for all the domains that my server act as a secondary.
Does anyone have a clue about how to setup so i wont get these files?
The xfer files have the following names: xfer.ddt.asdasdqw (random
letters ) and domain name.sdfdsfef and so on.
The xfer files contains following info:

domain `mydomain.se'; file `mydomain.hosts'; serial 1999100801
domain `mydomain.se'; ixfrfile `mydomain.hosts.ixfr.tmp'; serial
1999100801
zone found (2): "mydomain.se", source = mydomain.hosts
addrcnt = 1
getzone() mydomain.se secondary

My logging config looks like this:

logging {
                        channel my_syslog {
                        syslog daemon;
                        severity info;
};
                              channel dns_logging {
                              file "/var/log/query.log" versions 4 size
20m;
                              severity dynamic;
};
                        category default { my_syslog; };
                        category statistics { my_syslog; dns_logging; };
                    category queries {dns_logging; };
                        category xfer-in { dns_logging; };
                        category xfer-out { dns_logging; };

I start named with the following extension: named -d 1

Best Regards
Anders

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.