BIND multiple address list

Edmund c990077 at hk.china.com
Wed Oct 13 06:22:33 UTC 1999

A response for a type A record configured with multiple addresses will return
a multiple address list.  I have modified the BIND 8.2.1 code to have the
first IP address replacing rest of the addresses in the returned address
list.  Does anyone know if this would have any bad side effect on the client
side if it receive an address list with multiple address with identical
entries ?  What I mean is that will an address list for type 'A' record with
identical mutiple address entries causing problem for client software such as
Browser or ICQ or...etc. ??