Help Needed with Thnic

DaFunk dafunk at m6.net
Mon Oct 11 11:49:00 UTC 1999

Hi,

I work for a internet webhosting company called "M6 Technologies" and we
seem to be having a little problem with one of our clients.
We recieved our first Thailand domain name today and the account has been
setup correctly on our servers, but they cant seem to register the domain
name with "Thnic". Here is the error they recieve.

To register a domain name end with ".TH", at least 2 nameservers must be
set up to handle that domain name properly.  To check the configuration
these kinds of command are in our script :
-----
> dig @206.166.253.66 DNS.M6.NET.
> dig @206.166.253.69 NIC.M6.NET.
and
> dig @206.166.253.66 wisdom.co.th. NS
> dig @206.166.253.69 wisdom.co.th. NS
-----

Please see the result of those first 2 queries :
-----
> dig @206.166.253.66 DNS.M6.NET.
DNS.M6.NET.     900     CNAME   larson.m6.net.
larson.m6.net.  900     A       206.166.253.66 <-----

> dig @206.166.253.69 NIC.M6.NET.
NIC.M6.NET.     900     CNAME   larson.m6.net.
larson.m6.net.  900     A       206.166.253.66 <-----

-----

Please note that we do not allow to use "CNAME" in the registration form.
Moreover, primary and secondary nameservers must be the different hosts.

This is the only problem we have ever had, and it seems to be with this
Thailand domain regitrar and no one else, if anyone knows the solution to
this problem, please reply to "dafunk at mpx.com.au" or  support at m6.net"

Cheers,
Mark.