Bind 8.1.2 in.named memory leak in Solaris 7

Hugh Davies hdavies at kzin_nospam.rnb_nospam.com
Mon Oct 11 10:00:16 UTC 1999

In article <17391.939635042 at kludge.mpn.cp.philips.com>, Jim Reid <jim at mpn.cp.philips.com> writes:

>    jgomide> I´m sure I have to upgrade to bind 8.2, but where do I
>    jgomide> get it compiled for Solaris 7?
>
>I don't know. If you don't want to buy Sun's compiler, you can always
>use gcc. A search engine should be able to find web sites that provide
>precompiled binaries of gcc.

I downloaded gcc from http://smc.vnet.net/, BIND 8.2 from
http://www.isc.org and built it in about 15 minutes on 2.6. Solaris 7
should not be significantly different. The longest and most complicated
bit was ordering the latest version of the cricket book ("DNS & BIND",
O'Reilly (http://www.ora.com), Third Edition.)

Regards,

Hugh.
--
VP Desktop Systems, Republic National Bank, London.
The views expressed here are mine, and do not reflect the official