Help with Bind 2.9.7 install on Solaris 2.6

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Oct 8 22:30:10 UTC 1999

> I'm having trouble getting bind 2.9.7 to install on Solaris 2.6. I've
> commented out the BSD config settings in Makefile and opened up the
> Solaris settings. I have /usr/local/bin/gcc installed (latest) but I
> don't know much about compiling. If anyone has sucessfully installed
> Bind 2.9.7 on 2.6, please drop me a line. ...

No such thing these days, but your typescript shows that you are using
4.9.7.

Upgrade to at least 8.2, for your own good.

>					... Here is the error I'm
> getting:
>
> # make
> /opt/src/bind-4.9.7/res
> ../include/arpa/inet.h:68: sys/bitypes.h: No such file or directory
> ../include/arpa/inet.h:72: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from base64.c:48:
> ../include/arpa/nameser.h:88: sys/bitypes.h: No such file or directory
> ../include/arpa/nameser.h:92: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from base64.c:51:
> ../include/resolv.h:66: sys/bitypes.h: No such file or directory
> ./include/resolv.h:70: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory

See a pattern?  You are missing all of your kernel include files [the
ones in /usr/include/sys].  You will have to either re-install them, or
point to where they are now.

You can find which packages contain these headers by doing a
	grep '/usr/include/sys ' /usr/var/sadm/install/contents
Most of them seem to be in SUNWhea.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B