setting default srchlist

Downs, John JDowns at comversens.com
Thu Oct 7 19:48:16 UTC 1999

      My problem is that telnet and rlogins take forever. In trying to solve
this problem I found that
the search list (via set all) in nslookup contained
"help.me.now.com/me.now.com/now.com".  When
I did an nslookup with debug on I found that is would append each of these
domain names(partial names)
to the name I was querying.  So if I was querying "please.help.me.now.com"
it would start the search looking
for "please.help.me.now.com.help.me.now.com" and then it would try to find
"please.help.me.now.com.me.now.com"  and so on. I can change this list
interactively with set srchlist =...
and I can create an .nslookuprc file with the search directive. But neither
of these will help me when
I do a telnet or rlogin to that machine.

    Can I change this search list so that it applies system wide? How can I
do it?

-john