UNDISCLOSED INTERNIC REGISTRATION

Lawrence Chan webmaster at montevino.com
Thu Oct 7 04:43:32 UTC 1999

Hello,

This might be slightly off topic but we are stumped as to where to look.

About a month ago, we tried to look up the mailing address of a domain
name registered with Internic under .COM.  All we got was <undisclosed>
next to the address.  When we tried to query Internic itself, all we got
back was an automatic email reply acknowledging our query being
received.  As of now we never got anything more from them.

We were wondering if registrants could opt for not disclosing their
details when they register their sites.  We sure did not see any of such
option when we made our registration.  Does anyone have any idea
concerning selective disclosure and any of its stipulation vis-a-vis any
relevant RFCs and protocols?

Lawrence Chan
lchan at montevino.com