"Hidden" masters/primary.

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Wed Oct 6 18:42:34 UTC 1999

A number of people seem to be using so-called "hidden" masters, that do
transfers to the nameservers that are actually listed in the tld servers
(i.e. the master is not listed anywhere publically).

Someone has suggested that this "breaks" the rfc. I don't see it.

Is anyone aware of something that bind may have that gets upset at this?
Or does it in fact break something? Or is it maybe mentioned in a "best
practices" document?

--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.