Secondary DNS/Mail providers?

Chris L. Mason cmason at unixzone.com
Sun Oct 3 19:18:13 UTC 1999

Hi,

I am trying to get some information on ISP's that provide secondary DNS and
email services.

I am setting up my own mail server and DNS server, but I need a backup DNS
server to provide name service if my link goes down, and I need another
server to collect any mail sent during such a period.

I don't get much mail, and I only have one domain (with very few
addresses.)  I don't want to pay for full web hosting, I just want backup
mail and DNS.  (In fact, I am discontinuing my current web page.)
Every place I find it seems like they want me to pay for full web hosting
or email hosting services, and this is what I am paying for today.  I'm
hoping to find an ISP who can just secondary my DNS and let me use them as
a backup MX record (for a lower fee than full hosting.)

Thanks,

Chris