Reverse not working all over

Jonathan Goldman jgoldman at cpcug.org
Sun Oct 3 03:10:40 UTC 1999

Help -
I have a domain (thesphinx.org) registered with register.com. My ISP,
with whom I have a DSL account seems to have done what is necessary to
handle my DNS (using monroe.patriot.net and jackson.patriot.net). I
can do forward look ups for my domain, various aliases, and the MX
record, all of which point to the same IP (209.249.182.61). On their
servers and one other I checked (clark.net), the reverse lookup shows
my name as they have it (jgoldman.dsl.patriot.net), but I cannot get a
satisfactory reverse anywhere else I try, which means I can't get any
US only downloads (like Netscape).

Can someone tell me what needs to be corrected and where?

Thanks,
Jonathan