named-bootconf

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Mon Nov 29 17:52:08 UTC 1999

> I try to use named-bootconf to convert my named.boot file running on HP-UX
> 10.20 but I get an error message:
> date: bad format character - s
> date: bad format character - s
> date: bad format character - s
>
> Any one can help me ?

named-bootconf is trying to use the date command to create
a unique suffix for some temp files, but it's using an option
that HP-UX's date command doesn't understand.  You can
do something similar by replacing the date commands at
the top of the file with:

        OPTIONFILE=/tmp/.options.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.$$
        ZONEFILE=/tmp/.zones.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.$$
        COMMENTFILE=/tmp/.comments.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.$$

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.