Problem with just one zone, it won't update

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Fri Nov 26 20:47:23 UTC 1999

> I have a zone acadia.net on an 8.2.2 machine, with the secondary on a 4.9.7
> machine. The primary is p1.acadia.net, the secondary is p3.acadia.net. This
> is the largest zone on our server. I made a change on the primary,
> incremented the serial, did a reload on the primary, then a few minutes
> later on the secondary. The primary updates fine, it passes a delinting
> process using dlint and I can do a zone transfer fine. The secondary will
> not update. I turned on 2nd level debugging and tried a reload and did not
> see anything in the named.run file. Doing a dig on the soa for both the
> zones reveals that the serial numbers, as expected, are one behind on the
> secondary.
> Right now running "top" on the secondary reveals that named is at 18 megs....
> .
> --
> Pancho Cole, webmaster and hostmaster for AcadiaNet
>   http://www.acadia.net/	http://home.acadia.net/
>    Work (207)664-3100	 webmaster at acadia.net

	Is AA set on the master when you performed the SOA query?
	What was sysloged when you reloaded the master?
	The current BIND version is BIND 8.2.2-P5.  8.2.2 and 4.9.7
	have know security problems.

	http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security-19991108.html

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com