Strange configuration

Marek Narkiewicz marek at welshdragon.com
Wed Nov 24 18:51:30 UTC 1999

Here is my problem. I have a server in a network belongiing to an isp. Unfortunatley I need
frequent access to DNS services as I virtual host more and more domains on that machine.
The ISP in question are terribly unreliable and often take up to two weeks to add records to
their dns servers for me. I have configured BIND as per the manual and was ready to go live
when a thought struck me. I had no idea how reverse dns could be handled. As my computer
212.41.41.71 was part of a subnet belonging to someone else how would I go about setting up
a DNS server with correectly working forward and reverse lookup? Is this possible and if so do i
need to get my ISP or internic to update any records or am I worrying unnecessarily and can I
just make a 41.41.212.in-addr.arpa SOA and just specify my machine in it?
Please respond quickly as I am running late. :-)
cheers,
--
Marek Narkiewicz, Webmaster Intercreations
Reply to <-marek @ intercreations . com->