named-xfer problem 8.2.2 P5

Ralf naegele at ShE.NET
Wed Nov 24 08:35:19 UTC 1999

Hi Mark,

I included the two lines in ns_ctl.c and now it works fine.
Is this fix already included in the source packet from
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/src/8.2.2-P5/ ?

Thanks a lot

 Ralf

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com wrote:

:> maybe I am the one who has this problem:
:>
:> since I upgraded from bind 8.2.2 to bind 8.2.2 patchlevel5 the
:> slave zone transfer with ndc works a little bit strange:
:>
:> If I remove the zone file on the secondary NS and I
:> do a <ndc reload zone> ndc says "Slave transfer queued"
:> but nothing happens. No error messages, no warning in syslog,
:> nothing happens and no zone file arrives the secondary NS
:>
:> With bind 8.8.2 it works fine, but now ... only if I stop
:> the complete named and start it again, the zone file created
:> from the named-xfer is there.

: 	Just luck that you got a zone transfer before, you must
: 	not have been upto date.  There are no changes between
: 	8.2.2 and 8.2.2-P5 that would have stopped it as it never
: 	worked.  There was no test to see if the cached file
: 	had been removed.

: 	A plain reload would have also detected the missing cache
: 	file.

: 	Mark

: Index: src/bin/named/ns_ctl.c
: ===================================================================
: RCS file: /proj/cvs/isc/bind/src/bin/named/ns_ctl.c,v
: retrieving revision 8.28
: diff -c -r8.28 ns_ctl.c
: *** ns_ctl.c	1999/10/13 16:39:04	8.28
: --- ns_ctl.c	1999/11/24 00:45:31
: ***************
: *** 747,752 ****
: --- 748,755 ----
:   	case z_slave:
:   	case z_stub:
:   		ns_stopxfrs(zp);
: + 		if (zonefile_changed_p(zp))
: + 			zp->z_serial = 0;	/* force xfer */
:   		addxfer(zp);
:   		code = 251;
:   		msg = "Slave transfer queued.";
:>
:> Any hint would be useful
:>
:> Ralf
:>
: --
: Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
: 1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
: PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com