need for assistance

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Nov 23 18:00:55 UTC 1999

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 09:31:58AM +0200, jpap at panafon.gr wrote:
> I've got an immediate need on how to configure BIND 8.2.2 on a SUN (E250 -
> Solaris 2.6) box.
> I've got the downloadable software compiled without errors, but the problem
> is getting the things (functioning) together.
>
>    What are the actual filenames (& path) needed for the task
>    Could I have a running sample of those files ?!
>
> Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
> Yiannis Papageorgopoulos
>
> Systems Engineer
> email address > jpap at panafon.gr

If you run 'make -n install', then you will see where the files are
being installed.  It may be a bit cryptic, if you are not familiar with
the programs and shell programming constructs involved.

If you look in src/port/solaris/Makefile.set, you will also find the
path names that you have compiled into your programs.  The defaults for
Solaris may be under /usr/local, but there are several alternatives in
the same directory - and you can change them yourself.  If you do change
them, though, you will have to go back to 'make clean' and re-compile
everything.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B