Bind 8.2.2 problem

kevins39 at my-deja.com kevins39 at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 23 03:32:11 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have just recently decided it was time to upgrade from Bind 4.x.x to
the newest Bind 8.2.2.

I have it up and running now -- I used the namedconf converter to
convert my old named.boot into an appropriate named.conf file. I looked
through it and it seems quite ok. However, my DNS server will now only
answer local queries within the domains I handle, it does not resolve
addresses for me for outside sites (with an nslookup it says "***
Request to mynamesever.foo.com timed-out"). This is quite frustrating
and thus far I have not figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

--

-krs

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/