setting up dns with dsl

Avram Aumick aau at wwa.com
Tue Nov 23 15:57:23 UTC 1999

I have two computers, compA which will be my server/gateway to internet,
and compB which is where I do all my work and contains three OS that I am
working with, one of which is linux. On Friday I will be getting a dsl
line with a static IP address with a legal domain name. compB and any
other computer that I add will be on a private network (192.168.1.*)

I am not sure how I need to set up dsn on the server side when using a
firewall and ip masq (I don't know how to do either but I need to tackle
one task at a time). Below is the diagram how I expect my system to look
like. What should I know ahead of time? What do I need to know? And what
am I missing? Does CompA take the domain name of mydomain.org? If so how
does it relate to my private domain?

Thanks for you help.

Avram Aumick

	internet