Validating named configuration files before "reload"?

Jakob Schlyter jakob at cdg.chalmers.se
Mon Nov 22 12:46:47 UTC 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Pierre Belanger wrote:

> What we need is a program to parse the named configuration file
> (and all included files) and print any error on stderr.

I agree. This could be implemented either as a standalone program or as an
option to a running named ('ndc configtest' perhaps). This feature-request
should perhaps be sent to the people involved in the BIND 9 development.

/Jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter <jakob at cdg.chalmers.se>       Network Analyst
Phone:  +46 31-772 59 19                     Computer Communications Group