Sample named.conf, hosts, and local files?

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sun Nov 21 19:28:45 UTC 1999

Is tehre any source for working named.conf, named.hosts, and named.local
files?  I am trying to set up an authoritative server for our LAN.
Right now we're using bind 8.1, caching only, and it'w working fine.
Local hosts resolution is provided by hosts files.   The files in the
docs date from 1986...

I have set up the new files, bind comes up without errors (I've checked
the logs) and everything looks OK, but I lose all dns resolution.  The
only resolution I have is what's provided by hosts.

I go back to the caching only setup and all is well.

I'm guessing I have something really stupid in my config files.  I can
post if required; but I don't want to clutter the list unnecessarily.

--Yan