Multiple NS RR's

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Sun Nov 21 13:10:49 UTC 1999

	It's perfectly possible at the protocol level.  There is
	no requirement at this level for the reverse mappings to
	exist.

	Operationally however it is often confusing however.
	Registries often restrict the number of names that map to
	a single IP address to one.  e.g. the Internic only accepts
	a single mapping.

	In practice it is better to select a single name for a
	server and use it exclusively.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com