Recursive Lookup?

Bob Helland bhelland at gte.net
Thu Nov 18 17:57:39 UTC 1999

So if a DNS Admin says (and I'm going to quote him...)

"...I run DNS for one of my customers.  AT&T turned off recursive, and they
were down three days..."

He's basically saying that his customer uses him for DNS resolution, and he
would then query the auth servers (I'm assuming AT&T).  If they '...turned
off recursive...'  What exactly would that mean?  They wouldn't allow him to
query their auth servers?  Or what??

TIA,
-Bob

news:kGHY3.80$Nh.1281 at burlma1-snr2...