/usr/local/etc/named.conf

Roger Marquis not-for-mail at roble.com
Thu Nov 18 16:15:53 UTC 1999

David Spigelman <dspigelm at acp.org> wrote:
>Thanks, Roger. I actually just downloaded 8.2.2-P5 and checked the DESTETC
>variables. It's already been fixed. Thanks again!

I just checked port/solaris/Makefile.set.sun.  It looks like you
must have a patched source.

	'CC=gcc'
	'CDEBUG=-g -O2'
	'DESTBIN=/usr/local/bin'
	'DESTSBIN=/usr/local/sbin'
	'DESTEXEC=/usr/local/sbin'
	'DESTMAN=/usr/local/share/man'
	'DESTHELP=/usr/local/lib'
	'DESTETC=/usr/local/etc'
	'DESTRUN=/usr/local/etc'
	'LDS=:'
	'AR=/usr/ccs/bin/ar cru'
	'LEX=/usr/ccs/bin/lex'
	'YACC=/usr/ccs/bin/yacc -d'
	'SYSLIBS=-ll -lnsl -lsocket'
	'INSTALL=/usr/ucb/install'
	'MANDIR=man'
	'MANROFF=man'
	'CATEXT=$$N'
	'PS=ps -p'
	'RANLIB=/usr/ccs/bin/ranlib'

Other bugs include:

 4) tarball unpacks to 'src' instead of 'bind882r5/src'
    and writes a Makefile in the `pwd`

 5) root Makefile doesn't work

    #make
    go to the ./src directory, you cannot make "all" here.
    *** Error code 255
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting