Selective forwarding

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Nov 16 17:47:50 UTC 1999

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:27:50AM +0100, Roger.Ewert at ica.se wrote:
> I didn´t get any input about my "selective forwarding" question.
> I have found lots of articles about it but no one which can give me an hint
> so
> i can test it.
>
> Selective forwarding just an imagination??
>
> Please if you have any information about "selective forwarding"
> give me a reply.

ISTM that you had it configured OK [at a glance], but this will only
work with BIND 8.2ff.  The current one is 8.2.2p5, but wait a week or
two to make sure that all the patches come in.

I am speaking specifically of:
	zone "ee.mm.com" {
			type forward;
			forward only;
			forwarders { 10.128.1.7; };
	};
providing that the IP address is that of the name server for that zone.

Do you have any reason to believe that this would NOT work?  I.e., are
you having specific problems with your server as configured?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B