named-xfer and multiple SOA RRs

Marco Meinardi marcom at inrete.it
Tue Nov 16 16:20:04 UTC 1999

Hello,

I have always been using named 4.9.x on my machines but lately I decided to
try the bind 8.2.2-P3.
I use it to serve as secondary name server for some domains. The primary
name server for those domains is a named from bind 4.9.x.
When the named-xfer of the bind 8.2.2 transfer the zones for those domains,
I get a file with the dns configuration for each domain, but this file
contains 2 SOA records (one on the beginning and another at the end), even
if the original file on the primary NS contains one SOA record only.
Multiple SOA records are rejected by named and it doesn't load the zone
unless I manually remove the redundant SOA record at the end of the config
file.
How can I solve this problem?

I'll be thankful to anyone who'll reply this message :)

Regards.

Marco Meinardi <marcom at inrete.it>

INRETE S.a.s. -- via Postiglione, 29 -- 10024 Moncalieri (TO)
Phone +39 11 6811590 -- Fax +39 11 6811603
Email info at inrete.it -- Web http://www.inrete.it