DNS Server name only switch. HOW?

M & J mhutch at cadvision.com
Sat Nov 13 18:12:21 UTC 1999

I have set up a primary DNS server.  I called it ns.mainserv.net.   It works
fine.  When I do a whois I get back

 Hostname: NS.MAINSERV.NET
   Address: 207.228.62.123
   System: ? running ?

   Record last updated on 26-Aug-1999.
   Database last updated on 12-Nov-1999 12:25:23 EST.

These are not the actual values BTW.

What I want to do is change the name of it.  I have 15 domains hosted and
simply want to use one of the other domains name in  it's place.  I have
changed all records I can think of that related to the old name and have
changed them.  Including all zone files as well.  Now when I goto nslookup
on my machine, it appears to have been changed.

How is this updated on the nameservers and with whois?  Is there anything
else that I have to change?  I assume that I will have to change the name of
the primary name server ( but not the IP) with all the domains that I host
as well.

Any recomends of what I need to check?  Or is this something that takes a
few days to update on networksolutions?

Thanks for any help
Mark
mhutch at cadvision.com