DNS External/Internal Shadow Domains?

James Hall-Kenney JHall at sytec.co.nz
Fri Nov 12 03:03:59 UTC 1999

Perhaps it was a bit imprecise.  What I meant was that you can then add
forwarders to specific zones on the non-root servers. In the case of the
implementation I was thinking of, they wanted to have all their servers
reference ftp.nai.com so that they could get updated virus signatures.
Rather than host nai.com internally, we created a zone of type forward which
referred to their internet name server.  This wouldn't work if the name
server was a root server.

Cheers

J.