not quite a BIND technical question

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Nov 11 20:41:52 UTC 1999

In article <525426352.942346612374.JavaMail.qtran at hutch.East.Sun.COM>,
 <Christine.Tran at east.sun.com> wrote:
>A company out of Seattle caled ENIC is offering registrations for domain
>names with .cc extensions.  What now??  Companies that have registered,
>according to their flyer, are Intel, Coke, UPS ...etc.  Did some country
>sell their .cc delegation and now people are on a warpath to squat on
>domain names in .cc?  Is this a legitimate expansion of TLDN or just
>another way for us to squander money to the tune of $100/2years?  How is
>this going to impact the current root servers?

It's a country domain.  Several tiny countries have sold their TLDs for
uses like this.

>I realize this is not directly a BIND question, if not an answer, I hope
>to get some direction as to what forum might provide the answer.  My
>apologies for the non-BIND noise.

There are several other comp.protocols.dns.* newsgroups, as well as the old
comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains newsgroup.  Are you posting to this group
because of the bind-users gateway?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com