Multiple domain zone in one DNS server.

tony_barratt at my-deja.com tony_barratt at my-deja.com
Wed Nov 10 15:48:36 UTC 1999

hmmm, interesting. I'm trying to do +/- the same thing, add this zone
to an existing server (.hosts file supplied!). However I'm stuck with
(pre-historic) BIND 4.9, which has a named.boot file.
Does the same apply to named.boot?
my named.boot looks like:

directory /var/named
; name to address lookups
domain		adn
primary		adn		db.adn
; address to name lookups
primary	0.00.127.in-addr.arpa db.127.0.0.rev
primary 1.30.172.in-addr.arpa db.172.30.1.rev
<snip>
I'm a bit puzzled as to how to add another domain/zone to this file,
I'm going to read the Oreilly's cricket book again, but if soemone
could advice on the correct syntax I'd be mighty pleased.
Frank, you might want to take a look at h2n which takes a hosts file as
input and spits out the required DNS files.

Greetz

Tony
In article <yhZV3.19$vE2.560 at burlma1-snr2>,
  Barry Margolin <barmar at bbnplanet.com> wrote:
> In article <808l0i$oj8$1 at news.hk.linkage.net>,
> Frank Lau <franklau at topformbras.com> wrote:
> >I need to implement a DNS server that support multiple domain.
> >Is it possible.
> >I am now using Linux, anyone can give me a hand.
>
> BIND supports it with no problem.  Just put multiple "zone" commands
in the
> named.conf file.
>
> --
> Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com
> GTE Internetworking, Powered by BBN, Burlington, MA
> *** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to
newsgroups.
> Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to
the group.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.