Network Solutions Not Responding?

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Nov 9 15:39:37 UTC 1999

In article <38279372.F8BD17EA at montevino.com>,
Lawrence Chan <webmaster at montevino.com> wrote:
>Thanks Barry.  Though one really wonders what this fuss is all about, on
>making this
>name server changing process so tedious.

They used to allow you to register hosts automatically by including them in
the server section of a domain registration.  The problem was that people
would make typos, so when they intended to refer to an existing host, they
would actually end up creating a new one.  Or they would list an obsolete
server that belonged to their ISP, but which had been decommissioned and
removed from the database, and end up resurrecting it.

So, now they make you go through a deliberate process to create new host
objects in the database.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com