bind and dhcp

Royans Tharakan tharakan at lucent.com
Mon Nov 8 21:52:00 UTC 1999

this is not a problem at all. if your machine is dialing out using ppp,
it gets
an ip assigned by ppp automatically. all you have to do is be able to
automatically
configure the resolv.conf to have the right nameserver at the right
time. if you
are using kppp, then this option is by default enabled... however if you
are using
raw ppp scripts, then you could write a program in ppp-on to check which
isp you are
connecting to, and appropriately install the resolv.conf