BIND 4.9.7 for NT and XFRNETS

Stanley Liu stanley.liu at tmca.com.au
Wed Nov 3 05:44:39 UTC 1999

In an intranet environment (internal DNS), I have the following XFRNETS
in named.boot:

     XFRNETS 150.45.0.0&255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0&255.255.0.0

I need to allow more zone transfers.  I want to shorten the XFRNETS
parameter.

Will I get the same result by removing the mask like

     XFRNETS 150.45.0.0 192.168.0.0

Or could I do it with multiple XFRNETS like

     XFRNETS 150.45.0.0&255.255.0.0
     XFRNETS 192.168.0.0&255.255.0.0

Any help would be appreciated.

/stanley
stanley.liu at tmca.com.au

PS.  I would also like to take this opportunity to thank people who
tirelessly investing their time and efforts in this forum for helping
others in resolving DNS & BIND problems.  The insights and opinions
offered here are always of the highest quality and the responses are
always timely and prompt.  Athough I have not asked any question here
before, certainly I have benefited a lot just by silently reading the
posts and answers in this forum.  Thank you once again.