domain not resolving from some boxes.

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Tue Nov 2 03:14:56 UTC 1999

	1. You missed the trailing period for ns1.lakecountyohio.org,
	   making the entry relative not absolute.
	2. NS1.OH.VERIO.NET is not configured to serve the zone yet it is
	   listed in the delegation.
	3. NS1.OH.VERIO.NET is not listed in the zone file.

	Mark

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> lakeelections.com
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;	lakeelections.com, type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
lakeelections.com.	56m10s IN A	198.87.224.5

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
lakeelections.com.	56m10s IN NS	ns1.lakecountyohio.org.lakeelections.com.

;; Total query time: 1 msec
;; FROM: bsdi.dv.isc.org to SERVER: default -- 130.155.191.233
;; WHEN: Tue Nov  2 14:09:34 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 35  rcvd: 88

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com