Resolvers performing broadcast requests

Frank Marchan mmarchan at usa.alcatel.com
Thu Jun 24 18:19:43 UTC 1999

It could be application-related as opposed to OS-related.  I had a problem
in which an application used its own resolver library-type code and, due
to a bug, was determining to broadcast DNS queries because it saw the word
"nameserver" in a comment of resolv.conf.

Frank

--
M. Frank Marchan
Technical Services