nslookup

o001put at my-deja.com o001put at my-deja.com
Tue Jun 22 10:07:03 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have a unix server (Digital unix 4.0d)configured with bind.
nslookup works, if i enter nslookup <servername> i get correct response
from our DNS.
However, if i try to ftp/rcp system responds with:
ftp: Unknown Host <server name>

When i add the servername to my /etc/hosts commands like ftp
<servername> works.

It seems to me that when i try to resolve an hostname (using commands
like rcp/ftp) the system only looks in the /etc/hosts and does not
do an nslookup by the name server.
My /etc/resolv.conf is configured correctly (nslooup <servername> works.

Can anyone help

Tks in advance

Kees

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/