Same domain name on internet and intranet

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Jun 14 19:26:42 UTC 1999

In article <7k2qu3$n4k$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <ftta at my-deja.com> wrote:
>I have two domains to manage. One on the Internet, one private on
>Intranet.
>
>My problem, is that the two have the same name "company.fr", and now I
>am asked to give access to the Intranet user on the Internet domain.
>How can I do to link two name servers managing two different domains
>with the same name ?

I don't think there's any way to make the internal server forward queries
to the external server for this domain.  You just have to make sure that
whenever you add something to the external server you also add it to the
internal server.  You might be able to automate this by using a $INCLUDE
file that contains the entries that should be on both.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com