Help: Secondard DNS not working

Thomas/Shurflo thomas at shurflo.com
Mon Jun 14 14:37:58 UTC 1999

I'm trying to setup a secondary DNS, but the zones aren't transferring.
When I try a manual transfer, I get the error message:

[root at runner /root]# named-xfer -z rally.com -f /var/named/db.rally -s 0
deven
named-xfer[3273]: [192.1.1.100] not authoritative for rally.com, SOA
query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1, aucount 0

I'm running it on Redhat 6.0. I've set up nameservers on a couple of
external sites, but they were both primary. I've been through the
O'reilly book several times without success. It assumes everything works
perfectly.

--
Shurflo does not accept responsibility for any views expressed or
implied

Thomas/Shurflo