Mutliple Domains on one Host

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Jun 9 13:45:16 UTC 1999

In article <4825678B.0034A19F.00 at ssdi-lns1.ssdi.sony.com.sg>,
 <sanjayk at ssdi.sony.com.sg> wrote:
>Hello All,
>

>To become the Primary Server for the domains using Bind 4.9.3
>
>1. xxx.yyy.com
>2. zzz.yyy.com
>
>Named.boot has Primary records(Hosts and PTR)  for both domains and
>in the named directory respective hosts and PTR databases are there.
>But Named.local and Named.ca   have only one domain records.
>Does Named.ca and Named.local files needs to have records for both the
>domains ? If so, what is the exact syntax?

Named.ca is just for the root server entries.  You should download this
file from <ftp://rs.internic.net/domain/named.root> and use whatever you
get.

Named.local should just have one entry, for localhost.  Use the one that
came with your system.

Neither of these should have anything specific to your domain, they're just
standard boilerplate.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com