db.cache vs. forwarder

Ian Barraclough ian_barraclough at bmc.com
Tue Jun 8 23:34:55 UTC 1999

A simple question.......

If I have a forwarder statement in the boot file and a cache file that has
the same host as the forwarder statement - is the query that each respective
function generates any different from each other ????

ie. If I request a lookup that the local server does not have it forwards
that query to the forwarder - the forwarder (e.g.) does not reply with the
answer so the server will look to it's cache file and it in turn will
present the query to the host(s) in the cache file.
Are these queries diffrerent from the server side???

This is a potential work around to a problem we are seeing where forwarded
queries are not working but direct lookups to the same host are.

Thanks in advance.

Ian.