DNS ERROR MX

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jun 8 17:57:55 UTC 1999

> Jun  7 23:28:07 ielf named[7656]: sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN) on
> ns.ielf.org?
> i have always this error, but ns.ielf.org don't existe and i havn't MX
> entry in my ioelf.org.hosts file
>
> ne1 can help me ?

You may have solved this, since this message.  Our internal name server
has cached:

	Name:    ns.ielf.org

[note, no address], but external name servers seem to be treating it
correctly.

This has nothing to do with MX records.  NXDOMAIN [Non-Existent Domain]
means that there is no such record.  Someone who uses "ne1" in a
sentence should be able to grok that.  ;-)

It looks like SOMETHING had been referring to that host name as if it
were, authoritatively, there.  But it's not there any more.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B