Getting started

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jun 8 14:52:59 UTC 1999

> In article <199906072131.RAA11024 at fw1.osis.gov>,
> Joseph S D Yao  <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov> wrote:
> >There's also a host template.  You can register the hosts first, then
> >register the domain with the hosts you had registered as the name
> >servers.  See <URL: ftp://networksolutions.com/template/host-template.txt>.
>
> No, you don't.  If you're registering a new domain, you provide the host
> info in the Domain template, you don't send in a separate Host template.
> You only need to use the Host template if you're changing the address of an
> existing host.

It may work differently in different domains, then.  The above is the
information I got from the corresponding form at the .mil NIC.  And,
yes, I hadn't remembered the host template from non-.mil activity; but
I figured things were changing.

Sorry, I should have added that caveat.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
	PLEASE ... send or Cc: all "COSPO/OSIS Computer Support"
		     mail to sys-adm at cospo.osis.gov