Getting started

Michael Faurot look at my.sig
Mon Jun 7 19:04:02 UTC 1999

I'm in the process of getting a DSL pipe and will be handling the
primary and secondary DNS services myself.  One issue though has me
vexed.

For the purposes of this discussion, let's say I'll name these two servers
ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com.  Here's what has me confused.
mydomain.com is not yet regiestered with Internic.  So, when I fill out
the form to register mydomain.com, it will ask for the names and IPs of
the primary and secondary DNS servers.  So, even though mydomain.com does
not yet exist, should I simply put ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com
along with their IP addresses?