Basic questions about secondary NS

brunohaller at my-deja.com brunohaller at my-deja.com
Fri Jun 4 22:40:11 UTC 1999

Hi,

i am running two Nameservers (needed for DomainName registrations).
Both are running BIND8 on Linux.

Because i do need an easy-to-use webinterface to my zones, i decided to
put all the zone data in a mySQL-Database.
Every hour these database is read by a script, the /etc/named.conf is
created and all zonefiles in /var/named/master/ which was emptied
before.

So this is what happens on the Primary.
How can i easily get my other Nameserver serve as Secondary NS for all
these zones?
Is it enough to copy named.conf and change "master" to "slave".
Do the filenames used in named.conf need to exist or are they created
when getting zoneinformation from the primary NS.
how can i get the config-file to the secondary(mail,http)?
Would it be better to copy all zonefiles too or to let the secondary
get the zonedata from the primary?

Please help

Bruno

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/