Y2k for bind 4.9.5 for NT

Castro Henry castroh at lewis.army.mil
Thu Jun 3 18:10:43 UTC 1999

Here is what I got when I asked the same question about 4.9.7 for NT

"We believe the Freeware DNS application, BIND for NT 4.9.5 to be Y2K
compliant, as it does not utilize year date fields in the code.  However,
we have not performed Year 2000 testing on BIND for NT, and do not warrant
such releases as being Year 2000 compliant.  Irregardless of the release
you currently use, we strongly encourage you to test performance on your
internal
systems.

BIND for NT is based on code originally developed at U.C. Berkeley and
currently maintained by the Internet Software Consortium and others on the
Internet. Software.com developed a graphical install program, and ported
the code to all four NT platforms: Intel, MIPS, Alpha, and PowerPC.  In
short, we at Software.com, did not write the code for this software.

With that said, I do not know about about BIND 4.9.7, as the 4.9.5 release
is the latest one that we at Software.com have packaged and distributed
(but there are several more recent releases that have been developed by the
UC Berkely consortium).  I would assusme the answer would be similar, but
Icannot vouch for that. "

Hope this helps..
Support at Software.com

* Henry Castro