DNS Question (for Mail relay)

Roger Caspar casproge at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:08:49 UTC 1999

Until now we had the primary and secondary nameserver from our ISP, with
virtual Web and Mail hosting!!

Now we have a own Webserver (on Linux) with a primary nameserver. We
have send a request to Internic to change the entrys for the DNS
Servers.

My question is, what must I configuration in the DNS (Bind4) that the
email for our Domain (cedes.com) really our Mailserver reach. That's
really important for us. We need mail every day.

Are only th MX Records authoritative??

cedes.com. IN MX 50 mailhost.ip-plus.net.
cedes.com. IN MX 40 webserver.cedes.com.

Is that enough or need I more entrys for the Mail???

We need a entry that all mails to webserver.cedes.com send!!

I thank everybody where could me help!!

With best regards

Roger Caspar