Help re: MX record

Pradiman_K_Pandita pkpandita at hss.hns.com
Thu Jun 3 07:32:59 UTC 1999

Hi,

Check up if you have a A record with your mail server. What I mean to say
over here is that it should have both a MX record and a Address record
too. Mostly it looks that you have not specified the address record for
your mail server. Also you need to see that these records are being
propogated to the outside world too. Alternatively you can send a mail
from some other domian like cyberspace.org by using the sendmail -v
me at mydomain.com and check to what host this gets resolved , you can use
this at cyberspace.org , you can get a free shell account over there too.

HTH,

-Pandita