DNS Local OK, DNS Remote not...

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Jun 2 20:29:53 UTC 1999

In article <65256784.0016DF33.00 at sandesh.hss.hns.com>,
 <kpchalla at hss.hns.com> wrote:
>Other machines on our net can query the Linux DNS and get the programmed
>registered domains.
>
>Other machines on our net CAN'T query the Linux DNS and get remote domain
>resolution.

Didn't you see my earlier message (I posted it to the newsgroup, I didn't
cc you that time)?  My guess is that you have "recursion no" in the options
section, but it doesn't affect the Linux machine itself because it's not
pointing to itself in its /etc/resolv.conf.

Without detailed configuration information, all we can do is guess.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com
Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com