forwarding e-mail to one account

David T. Smith dsmith at uswebcks.com
Wed Jun 2 18:34:35 UTC 1999

At 01:26 PM 6/2/99 +0200, Frederik Hermans wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>I've got a question regarding the MX record: is it possible to redirect
>all incoming e-mails to one e-mail account (on another host) instead of
>redirecting it to a host? If not via the MX record, how else can this be
>done?

This isn't done through DNS.  You need to get to Sendmail on the other host
and configure its rulesets to force all the mail to a single user.

>I couldn't find any information on this in the man-pages and
>documentation, but a friend of mine has a shadow-domain and all incoming
>e-mail are forwarded to his e-mail address.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Freddy

You're welcome

DTS

D A V I D  T .   S M I T H
Principal Consultant, Network Solutions
USWeb/CKS Corporation       http://www.uswebcks.com/
50 Washington Street 6th Floor
South Norwalk, CT 06854
ph:  1 203 857 0080
fax: 1 203 857 0082
mailto: dsmith at uswebcks.com

USWeb/CKS - A Strategic Partner for the Information Age