Reverse DNS Lookup

Matt Wade mwade at dcaccess.net
Wed Jun 2 16:50:00 UTC 1999

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up my classless reverse delegation.

My ISP (concentric.net) has delegated the IP addresses
209.220.225.24/29 to my name server (dns1.dcaccess.net).

I've read RFC 2317 and the DNS & BIND book. Concentric's name server
(nameserver.concentric.net) and my name server seem to be setup
correctly. Httpd reverse lookups seem to work (I can download the
128bit version of Netscape).

However, when remote users try and log into my FTP server
(ftp.dcaccess.net), it takes over a minute to get connected.  I know
this is a reverse lookup error, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

When I use nslookup I get output like this:
# nslookup
Default Server:  cameron.dcaccess.net
Address:  209.220.225.26
Aliases:  26.225.220.209.in-addr.arpa

Is that Aliases line OK? or is that my problem? Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated. Let me know if you need more information.

-Matt