Split DNS on Linux

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jun 2 15:41:25 UTC 1999

> 1.  A name server that can consult one set of name servers to resolve one
> set of names, and another set to resolve a different set of names.
> 2.  A name server that can answer queries from one source one way, and
> queries from another source another way.
>
> And I'm sure others have other definitions for Split DNS.
>
> BIND 8.2 can do 1, but not 2.  BIND 9 may be able to do 2.

Of course,  t w o  BIND 8.2's could do #2, provided that the two
sources are on different ports.

Hmmm.  I'd been thinking about ways to do #2 as part of a more
generalized specification.  I'm almost afraid to put my foot in it, but
... where is BIND 9 discussion taking place?  bind-workers?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B