Is my DNS set up properly for reverse lookups?

Tim Lanza Tim at Lanzahost.com
Fri Jun 25 17:11:54 UTC 1999

Thank you, Barry, I really appreciate the assistance.  Please pardon one
last request...  OK, so PTR records can be listed for multiple domains.  My
single reverse zone file looks like this:

@       IN      SOA     firstdomain.com. hostmaster.firstdomain.com.  (
                                      1999050900 ; Serial
                                      8H      ; Refresh
                                      2H      ; Retry
                                      1W      ; Expire
                                      1D )    ; Minimum
 NS foo.firstdomain.com.
444 PTR foo.firstdomain.com.
444 PTR www.firstdomain.com.

If, as you suggest that this is potentially confusing, is there a better way
to do this?
The SOA statement in this file references only firstdomain.com.  Is that a
problem?
What is the impact of just deleting the reverse lookup record for
seconddomain?
And, how can I test the reverse lookups?

Thanks again.
Tim
news:PILc3.891$KM3.226667 at burlma1-snr2...